Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if it looks like rain on the day of my shoot?
Honestly, the rain here in SW Colorado is impossible to predict. On top of that, I love the light that is created from the dark moody clouds. Most times, the rain will come and go all in a matter of 5 minutes. I really encourage you to embrace whatever weather comes our way. However, in the rare event of torrential downpour, we can always wait it out under a pavilion or in our cars until it lets up. I will make sure you get the photos that you paid for!
What if we feel awkward and uncomfortable in front of the camera?
Then you are in the majority! 99% of my clients feel this way and it's totally normal. To ease your anxiety - please know that I am a fun and easy person to be around. I also try to get you busy, doing something as much as possible. I will have you running around, swinging, dancing, hiking etc. That way you're not just sitting there worried about how you look. And I will cue you through everything - you don't have to come up with poses (unless you just want to - and I'm totally down with that as well). Other things that can help: bringing your favorite instrument, your dog, you fav alcoholic bevy, tobacco pipe, or weed (smoke can make for some cool pics).
Do you only shoot elopements?
What should I wear?
- Be yourself! Wear something that represents who you are + what you're all about.
- Be comfortable. Stiff and itchy clothes can be a real mood killer.
- Be able to move. I love capturing movement, so if you're able to frolic through a field of flowers, then it's a winner.
- I recommend solid colors, but if you want a print, a soft floral can be very beautiful.
- Long + flowy dresses that blow in the wind are my absolute favorite.
- Please don't try to match! Wearing the same color rarely turns out well.
- Please try to avoid checkers, stripes, and polka dots. (Flannel is a-ok)
- Please don't forget an outfit change! Half way through the shoot, y'all can change clothes and add a whole new look to your photo album.
Are you willing to travel?
Are travel expenses included in your pricing?
What should I bring?
This list is all 100% optional - just ideas to help add some spice to your photoshoot!
- YOUR DOGS!
- Music - do you want to have a dance party or maybe a slow dance? Download a few of your favorite songs on your phone before the shoot!
- A blanket for snuggling (or for catching all the pokey grass so your butt doesn't have to!)
- Food or bevy to share (or to bribe the kids with)
- Alternate pair of shoes that you can hike in (if we are going to be hiking)
What if my kids are too crazy?
First of all, you need to know that I am a mom of two small children so I totally get it. Sometimes they just won't have it. But please, do not stress about getting them to smile. I do my best to get the most natural smiles from everyone, instead of the forced-looking-into-the-camera-big-cheeeese. Of course, we can get that photo where everyone is looking and smiling, but I like to wait until the very end for that, once the kids feel comfortable and have had time to run and dance first. Also if you have a little girl, I recommend putting on leggings if she is wearing a dress. Those Minnie mouse panties somehow always like to make an appearance! Click here to read some more about what I have to say about kids crying through the entire photo shoot. Also check out my google reviews, I have several from parents who were really stressed about their kids who never warmed up, but we still got great photos!