Your elopement might just be the most fun thing you've ever planned.
Sometimes it's just hard to know where to start -
no worries, that's what I'm here for!
YOUR IDEAL DAY
Before you even start planning, I want you to think of your ideal day with your partner. What things would you do together? What places would go? What things would you do there? What
foods would you eat? Go big!
Once you have an idea of what your ideal day with your partner looks like, you just need to narrow down your list to the things you want photo coverage of. Maybe you want to hike to an alpine lake?
Ride your bike? Maybe you want to eat pizza + ice cream? Whatever you choose,
I'm here for it.
Just because you are ditching the big wedding, doesn't mean you can't add little elements of wedding day-ness to your elopement. Here's a list of ideas you can choose from:
- First look
- Write letters to each other and read them together
- First dance (I can bring a speaker)
- Vow exchange
- Unity candle
- Ring exchange
- Champagne toast
- Signing the wedding license
- Cake feeding/smashing
A TOUCH OF ADVENTURE
Do you guys love to mountain bike?
Rock climb? Ski? Backpack to the top of 14ers? Paddleboard down rapids?
Ok seriously, how epic would it be to
do this in your wedding attire with your
best friend on the day you promise t
o love them for the rest of your life??!
Just a thought. If you dig it, lets add
it to the timeline.
TURN IT INTO A TIMELINE
This is the part where we work together to allot (loose) amounts of time for each part of your elopement day. We will talk together about all the things you want to do, see and eat and we will make it fit into whichever elopement package you selected. If you're still feeling stuck, I'm going to provide a little
example timeline below for my four hour elopement package:
Durango elopement example schedule :
- 1 - First look at your hotel
- 1:30 - Tequila shots / mimosas
- 2 Drive up to a waterfall or epic Mountain View for a ceremony
- 2:30 - Share vows, rings, kisses + sign wedding license
- 3 - Cut the cake + pop the Champagne
- 3:30 Head out for some paddle boarding, biking, climbing or rafting
- 7 Charcuterie picnic (Have you heard of Durango Picnic Co?)
- 8-9 Dreamy sunset couples portraits
ARE YOU BOTH MORNING PEOPLE?
Here's another timeline idea:
- 4 am - Start hiking up to Sneffels
- 6 - Sunrise pics at lower blue lakes
- 7 - Eat a freeze dried breakfast while you watch the sun come up
- 7:30 - Continue the hike and summit Mt. Sneffels where you can share your vows at the top
- 11 - Hike back down to blue lakes
- 12 - Take a plunge into the dreamy blue water
- 1 - Eat lunch + pop champagne and head back to the car, tired and happy
SIT BACK AND RELAX
Once your timeline has been created, all you have to do is show up and marry your best friend!!
I will do my absolute best to support you every step of the way so that your day goes exactly how you want it to.
Contact me and we can work together to create your perfect timeline for getting married! For more help with planning, check out this blog post: https://www.eviejoyphotography.com/blog/how-to-plan-your-elopment/